Splash Direct Heat Dragon
Affordable Frost Protection.
The very versatile Heat Dragon can be placed in a frost prone area of your vineyard/orchard and left as a stationery unit. It will combat frost by consuming 50,000m/3 per hour of cold air and heating it up to 80 degrees Celsius. Thus giving you a double benefit effect, removing cold air plus adding the warming effect of heat.
The Heat Dragon can also be used as a mobile unit in flat orchards, with the twin outlet ducts it will cover an area of 2 hectares up to a maximum of 4.5 hectares. The twin tail ducts direct the airflow out sideways, if the unit is to be driven around the vineyard/orchard for frost protection.
The Heat Dragon can also be used in conjunction with existing frost fans, windmills and other air displacement methods.
- Overall length 3.5m, height 1.3m, width 1.8m, weight 580kgs
- Fan 900mm with variable pitch blades
- Air displacement of up to 50,000 m3 up to 75,000 m3 per hour
- Mode of power – Tractor PTO driven
- HP required – 35 hp at maximum air displacement
- Fuel – Diesel fired – consumption 45.6 litres p/hour
- Fuel tank capacity – 300 litres of diesel
- Heat output – 1,732,000 BTU (38000 BTU per litre of diesel) – 509 kilowatts
- Temperature change of air passing through the heat dragon is 80 degrees to 100 degrees Celsius average
- Area covered – maximum of 2 – 4.5 hectares at 8 k/p/h
- Coverage – 35 metre area (WIDTH)
- Diesel fired, permanent spark ignition system, Fuel shut off by the flick of a switch.
Will work against a radiated frost as well as a wind borne cold air mass. Being a Mobile unit, the Heat Dragon can be used in various areas as well as in conjunction with existing wind-mills.
Call for priceNZ$ (+GST)